Friday, August 21, 2009

Where in the world...

have we been??!! Feels like we we have been gone a good portion of this month. On August 7 was my sister Lindsey's wedding. It was so beautiful and we all had a wonderful time. Welcome to the family David.Lonnie had a conference north of Seattle for the later part of last week so the girls and I joined him. While he was at the conference the girls did LOTS of swimming at the hotel pool. It was a such a nice hotel and so relaxing.
On Saturday morning we decided to head down to Seattle to take in all the sights. For as many times as I have been to downtown Seattle I am not sure I have ever been up in the Space Needle. (You will have to correct me if I am wrong on that one Dad). It was a beautiful morning so the view from the top of the Space Needle was amazing. From there we took the monorail closer to downtown. We walked around, went to Pike Place market, and then walked by this gum wall (below) Ew..Gross. It is a huge wall covered with gum and Lonnie googled it to tell me it was the 2nd germiest place in the world. No, I wouldn't let the girls put their gum on it!! After that we went down to the waterfront and went to the aquarium.

We had decided that going to the Mariner/Yankee game in the evening while we were in Seattle sounded like fun too. We all enjoyed the game and had great seats. Though the girls don't know too much about baseball since Alyssa asked me when halftime was?? We tried explaining some of the rules. Needless to say we all slept good after our busy day in Seattle.
And finally Michelle and I made our annual school shop adventure. We had lots of fun shopping for the girls. (I heart Old Navy coupons) And we got to visit Christina and family and even spend a night with my parents during our trip. Thank all for having us!!!
Well just a brief update on the summer. Can't believe school is starting so soon. We are going to get Alyssa all packed for camp this weekend. She leaves Monday AM and then they start school the next week. Where did the summer go???

8 comments:

Lisa said...

May I just say it's about time you updated your blog. Sounds like a fun time in Seattle but YUCK about the gum wall.

papa pat said...

No, I don't think you have been up in the Space Needle.
Great to have you guys. After hearing about Seattle I might be willing to go back after many years.
It has been a great summer, though rather busy.
Thanks for finalllllly updating.

Christina said...

Thanks for updating us! Absolutely love the layout from the wedding! Such adorable girls (and women) in your family. :)

I really enjoyed your visit. Thanks so much for fitting us into your busy schedule (twice in 10 days!!!!). Love you and miss you.

Brandi said...

Love it and the pictures of the wedding our fabulous!
Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

What a great month you have had. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. Great layout of the wedding.

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! It was fun reading through your adventures, and all I can say about the gum wall is YUCKO!! I can't believe people actually do that!!!!

Sharon said...

Finally!! I was having withdrawals! Love the wedding pics. Ours will soon be over.... Hope Shay and I are still talking by then! lol

Mellisa said...

So excited to see some wedding photos. The girls looked so beautiful. Tell Lindsey congrats for me. You've had a great summer. It's been great seeing all the photos. Thanks for sharing!!