Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful for Friends


We had such a great time at our Thanksgiving dinner with our friends. There were 20 of us (5 families of 4) and we all brought different things for dinner. I had my first deep fried turkey, snicker apple salad, and pumpkin roll...yum to all of it! We hope this can become an annual tradition. Thanks so much to Bill and Mellisa for hosting!
Looking forward to a three day work week and then Thanksgiving on Thursday. I think we are going to try and get a good five mile run in on Thursday morning before dinner...then I can eat more right?? And then it will be my favorite day of the year!
Have a great week!

8 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh most definitely if you run 5 miles you can eat your share and then some :~)

Lisa said...

Yay for good friends and great food. I'm going to try my first run today in more then a week. I will see how my ankle feels. Maybe you can run for me. Go for 10 miles.

papa pat said...

The running sounds great and painful. Funny how the traditions change as we age. We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and lots of family time.

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

Sounds like you had a really great time!! I feel sorry for the one only boy, poor kid, out numbered by girls. How will he feel when he gets a little older? : )

Mommy Lion said...

Happy Black Friday . . . I mean Happy Thanksgiving! *wink*

Heather said...

Sounds like fun! That is so neat to have such great neighbors too!

Mellisa said...

Our "Friends Thanksgiving" is a definite do over. Looking forward to it being an annual tradition. Everyone brought such great food. Thanks to everyone for coming. Can't wait for our run on Turkey Day!

Jessica said...

We had a great time! I am Looking forward to it being an annual tradition.:o) I'm also looking forward to our "Friend Christmas"! I just love the Holidays!!!

Sharon, Jacob is okey with being the only boy and I think he will only like it more and more!