Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Egg-cellent Weekend

Not sure how it got to be Tuesday evening and I am a little behind on my blogging. Anyways we went and saw the Hannah Montana movie on Friday night. Everyone loved it, even us adults.
Tori stayed the night with Alyssa on Friday night while Emma was having her slumber party. My two were much quieter than the girls up at Michelle's. I think they were both pretty tired because they were asleep by 10:00. Lonnie made all of us crepes for breakfast on Saturday morning. It is one of our favorites and this was the first time Tori tried them. She really liked them!
Instead of going to one of the local egg hunts, we decided to just have one in the field behind our house. Between three of us we had plenty of plastic eggs and candy to make nine little girls happy. It was so much nicer than waiting around for the other egg hunts to start and then have the girls disappointed that they didn't get very many eggs. In the afternoon Alyssa and Aubrey colored a few eggs and did not make too much of a mess.

Lots and lots of Easter photos. It was a pretty cold day so I was glad I had purchased the little white sweaters to go with the girls Easter dresses. We went to church in the morning and then headed to Lisa's house for dinner and also to celebrate Colin and Lisa's birthdays. It was a great weekend though it is Tuesday and I still feel like I am recovering.

Leave a comment and let me know something fun you/your family did for the Easter weekend. Hope everyone is staying warm. This has been such a crazy weather day.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Love all the photos you got. Sounds like you had a nice Easter. We celebrated Emma, Jim, and Bruce's birthdays on Sunday.

Lisa said...

My Easter sounds very similar to yours but I don't have my layout done yet. It will have to wait until I get home.

Mommy Lion said...

Love the Easter layouts. Even though I haven't been blogging lately, it's nice to be up to date with you and your happenings! Thanks again for the sweet phone call ~ always nice to know you are missed!

busymomof4 said...

Great photos and layouts.

I'm glad the girls had fun and a Happy Easter. It sounds like your whole family got to enjoy themselves.

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

WOW! Looks like you had a really busy weekend. I love all the pictures you took. Nice picture of your whole family with your folks.

Christina said...

We celebrated my sister's birthday on Sunday - funny that you and Michelle celebrated birthdays too!

Jessica said...

What a great post. Like always! We had a great Easter. The best part was being with family. I will get a post done soon I hope.:)
Thanks for the jog yesterday I needed it after eating all that candy.

Sharon said...

Very cute Easter pics! Wow, you had a busy weekend!

papa pat said...

Great pics of a very fun day. I would like to get a copy of these if you could send them to us.

Heather said...

Looks like you had a busy weeekend. Those eggs the girls decorated turned out pretty.

Nana's Journal said...

We had a great time with the family at Jessica's. We did go to the easter egg hunt in M/C with Jacob. Always a fun day with the grandkids...and kids!