
Thursday Aubrey and I were able to go on a field trip to the coast with Alyssa's class. Jessica and I drove over and met the kids. We had a pretty good group and Alyssa said this was the best field trip of the year!

Friday night we went grocery shopping and then used Lonnie and Aubrey's Red Robin birthday coupons. Not too often the four of us can eat out there for under $20. When we gave them the coupons they decided to sing to them and bring them sundaes. Aubrey loved the attention and Lonnie loved the ice cream sundae.

On Saturday we went to
Boatnk....so fun! The jet boats race up the river and then they have a whole carnival set up at the park there. We went down with Mark & Michelle and Bill & Mellisa plus six little girls. Mellisa french braided all of there hair so they were easy to pick out in a crowd. They all got ride bracelets and rode as many rides as possible until they were/we were too tired to do any more. A good sign of a great day when your daddy has to carry you to the car!


On Sunday evening we had a
bbq with several friends/family at our house. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. Lonnie
bbq'd the hamburger/hot dogs and everyone brought yummy salads, fruit and pies to make for a great spread. After dinner we had a water balloon contest. We started out with spouses and then a different spouse and then we added the kiddos. When a bunch of us adults broke balloons on the kids heads the water fight was on and a lot of us were soaked. A few (my mother in law) managed to stay dry but most of us got wet. Thank you again to all of you for such an enjoyable evening...we can't wait to do it again soon.


And then today we decided the weather looked nice enough to make a quick trip to the coast with the buggy. It was sunny over there but still a bit windy. We managed to get in a couple of nice rides and got to visit with everyone over there. The girls (and Lonnie) were so excited to get back out on the sand.
I have around 200 pictures that I have taken since Thursday but decided to just share a few since I am not sure when I will get all of them organized into layouts. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.
6 comments:
This field trip was the best yet. They keep getting better each time. Thank you so much for driving.:o) I still have one more F/T tomorrow.
Red Robin...yumm!!!
Great picture of all the girls...love the hair!!!
We had a great time on Sunday and can't wait til next time. I am so happy summer weather is here!
Wow...That was a fun, long, busy weekend for your family.
What a great weekend. I am loving the sun and warmth. I really want it to stick around.
What a fun weekend! Ours was jammed packed too. . . maybe I should blog again someday! *wink*
Busy weekend, but a great time. Glad you all got so much mileage out of the beautiful days.
Looks like you had a fun and busy week-end. I love the girls hair all braided. Great job ,Mellisa!
We would have loved to come to your picnic :( Maybe next time.
Wow what a weekend, huh? For the first time in a long time I really felt like we squeezed every second out of each of the days. Boatnik is a definite do over for next year. Hopefully the girls will still be excited about getting their hair braided a year from now. The BBQ was a huge success. We all had a GREAT time. We need to plan our next one soon. We'll take a turn hosting. It was fun getting to share in some fun with you guys.
Post a Comment