Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July


We went over to the coast on Saturday morning for the Fourth of July. It was very hot inland and not so warm once we got over to the beach. We enjoyed spending time around camp visiting with everyone and the girls spent lots of time playing in the sand. We went to the top of the dunes on Saturday night to watch some fireworks but it was kind of foggy so we only saw a few. On Sunday we all got a good ride in before packing up and heading home. We so enjoyed the company and great food...just wished it had been a little warmer!!

After we got home and unpacked last night Mellisa and I decided to go for a run (jog). We have been running two miles but last night we decided to push ourselves to three miles! For me (who doesn't like to run) and never thought I would make it more than to the end of the street this was a big accomplishment. And we ran about three miles tonight too....no wonder I have been sleeping hard at night.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I love layout #2 that pic is awesome. Aubrey's legs look so long.

Good job on the running!!!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a nice weekend. Great picture of you all by the buggy.

Sharon said...

Three miles?? Tell Lissah that I am the winner! lol Very cute family picture. Color coordinated on purpose?? Looks like you had a fun weekend.

papa pat said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, busy as usual. Great to hear you are running. You will want to do a marathon before long.

Lisa said...

I love the family picture. Always kind of a bummer when it's hot at home and not where you are. Glad it was still fun.

Christina said...

Will you share some of your workout motivation with me?

The family pic is wonderful. Will it find a place in one of your frames?

The reflection in the buggy's light is really cool!

Mellisa said...

I am shocked at how far we are running. I, too, did not even like the idea of running and now look!!

Pretty sure you could have "photo-shopped" me out the bicycle photo!! Ugghh!!!!

jhughes said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and I bet the cooler weather was a nice relief. Way to go with the running....who knows, maybe you'll be pushing four miles before you know it.

Brandi said...

I love the family pic.

I am so proud of you for running.

I too hate running so I am very very proud of you. Once again, I am also Jealous! :~)

luv ya

Mommy Lion said...

Wow! You have surpassed me! My goal is 3 miles. I'm up to 2.56 as of today! We are looking at a 5k for the fall ~ I always hated running too, but love the feeling of accomplishment now. Guess it comes with age! *wink*