Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Night Life

Are you getting tired of pictures from the park yet? The girls are just better walkers if we take them to the park in the middle of our walk. On Thursday afternoon we picked up the girls friends Lindsay and Olivia along the way. Lindsay and Alyssa were cracking themselves up going down the slide together.
Thursday Night: Lonnie and Michelle both had meeting so Mark and I took the girls to family math and PE night at the school. The girls all had fun and even won some prizes. All was going good until Tori and Alyssa were playing a keep the balloon in the air game when Tori's head came down and Alyssa's knee came up to get the balloon. Poor Tori ended up with a split lip..she was one tough little girl and didn't even cry!
Friday Night: It was date night with Daddies!! (What Mom doesn't love that idea!) Instead of going to the Father/Daughter dance in town, which from what I hear is crazy busy, Lonnie and Mark took the girls out to dinner and to an Arcade to play games. They loved getting all fixed up and 'going out' for the evening. Michelle and I took advantage of the evening by going to see the chick flick "He's Just Not That In To You." It was a great movie.
Saturday night: We had friends over for dinner, cards, and Rockband 2. We had a great evening with Mark & Michelle and Danny & Jessica playing cards...even though I keep losing! All six kiddos played great together while us adults played cards. We ended the evening by playing a little Rockband 2 on the Wii. Lonnie plays the drums and Michelle and I are on bass and guitar. Even Danny and Jessica gave it a try! It is lots of fun and will be the closest I ever get to playing in a real band.

12 comments:

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

Thanks for getting me caught up on all your activities. It all sounds like fun and I love the pictures of the girls all dressed up for date night.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You've had a busy last few days. I was wondering if maybe your "band" might be available for hire? We have a wedding coming up!
Very cute!

Lisa said...

WOW!! you have had a busy few days. Looks like all was good. Love the date night idea. Hmmmm....

Jessica said...

I am not getting tired of park pic's. I think we all need to go at the same time for some pictures. I know the kids would love to play together too.

Family night was fun this time.

Saturday night was great. We always enjoy your time with all of you.

Brandi said...

Never tired of any of your pictures.

Sounds like you had an incredibly fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cheryl for picking up the girls for some fun at the park. It's always nice to have fun surprises like that!! Good job managing all the giggles!!

Anonymous said...

It looks you guys had a really wonderful time....wished we could have made it. All Alyssa could talk about on Fri. morning was the math night. From the sounds of it, she is one great hula-hooper. I am gald you were able to see a chick-flick and enjoy some "girl" time too! Have a great week.

Christina said...

I'm getting jealous of everyone posting about hanging out together! Just don't have that same thing going for me here. :(

Anonymous said...

We sure appreciate being able to see what you guys are doing, and you are so busy. We miss seeing you, a bunch.

Mommy Lion said...

I love the layout of the Alyssa hula hooping! I've wondered about the father/daughter dance being crowded ~ what a great idea to take them on a date. Most the fun is getting "fixed" up anyway! *wink*

Unknown said...

Can you please tell me what website you use to get the layouts! I would love to see the December one all put together...it has to be beuatiful! Please let me know. Thanks in advance!
crm7701@bellsouth.net

Michelle said...

When you read about the weekend it sure sounds busy. I had a great weekend. Thanks for sharing the movie with me and sharing your house with us and the band Saturday night. Hopefully, I can get family math night and some other pages done soon.