Since we are done with our Saturday morning soccer games we decided to go to my parents house for the weekend. There is always a neighborhood close to my parents that has a TON of garage sales the first weekend in June and we thought it would be fun to go. Mom, Dad, Lisa, Lauren, the four of us and Lisa's friend Jen and her daughter all met around 8:15 Saturday morning and went to all the garage sales for a couple of hours. We must have walked four miles! The girls found so many great treasures and it didn't rain on us! After our adventure Mom went to work and my Dad and Aubrey went and took naps. Lonnie and Alyssa went and saw Kung Fu Panda while I shopped for a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding. I love shopping...but two hours of trying on dresses is even too much for me! I did finally find one that I like and even found a necklace to match..Yeah! Lonnie and Alyssa loved their movie and Papa and Aubrey were much happier after their naps so we all met up for dinner and then headed back to my parents house to relax for the evening.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Out and About
Since we are done with our Saturday morning soccer games we decided to go to my parents house for the weekend. There is always a neighborhood close to my parents that has a TON of garage sales the first weekend in June and we thought it would be fun to go. Mom, Dad, Lisa, Lauren, the four of us and Lisa's friend Jen and her daughter all met around 8:15 Saturday morning and went to all the garage sales for a couple of hours. We must have walked four miles! The girls found so many great treasures and it didn't rain on us! After our adventure Mom went to work and my Dad and Aubrey went and took naps. Lonnie and Alyssa went and saw Kung Fu Panda while I shopped for a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding. I love shopping...but two hours of trying on dresses is even too much for me! I did finally find one that I like and even found a necklace to match..Yeah! Lonnie and Alyssa loved their movie and Papa and Aubrey were much happier after their naps so we all met up for dinner and then headed back to my parents house to relax for the evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad you could come up for the sale, it was fun. I showed Lauren our first strawberry that is almost ready. I'm not sure we will get much this year. Hoping for more next year.
Sounds like you had a great time. It's about time those strawberries show themselves. Maybe the sun this week will help.
Thanks for getting us involved in the world of Blog! I now have other people asking me how, and my brother and his fiancee have started a blog for the wedding info. Fun stuff!! We had fun shopping with you guys this weekend. Amanda is dying to come see where you live, so we'll have to take a roadtrip sometime this summer. =D
Cheryl--
Glad to see that you found a dress to wear to the wedding. It should be a very fun night. We have the reception sight at the Omni until 1:00 a.m. Don't forget your dancing shoes! Sean and I have been busy packing. We are moving our things this Saturday to Roanoke. It has been too long since I have seen you. I can't wait to catch up! Your girls are too cute! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is good for the wedding-- it was 100 degrees today! See you next week.
Post a Comment