Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pellie Pickles

The girls got to spend the night at GeeGee and Grandpa Bob's house on Thursday night. They LOVED it there and want to know when they get to go back. Thanks for having them. Lonnie and I enjoyed going to the fair on Thursday night by ourselves.We took the girls to the fair on Friday night. They got to ride a couple of rides before we went over to the concert. The roller coaster was their favorite. Tori and Alyssa attempted the bumper cars but they are just not quite strong enough to steer them.
Kellie Pickler (from American Idol) was the concert last night. She put on a pretty good concert and the people watching at the fair is always so entertaining! Aubrey kept calling her Pellie Pickles instead of Kellie Pickler..it was pretty cute. The girls liked the concert too and had fun dancing to a few of her songs. After the concert we went and looked at all the animals. They were some little one day old pigs that were just so adorable.
Later on this afternoon I went down to the creek with the girls and picked a whole bowl full of blackberries and then made a blackberry crisp after dinner tonight. It was so good and I just love the smell of a fresh blackberry crisp! The above picture is what the girls came out of the bedroom dressed like tonight..apparently they were going to a funeral?? They always keep us laughing!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks again for sharing the crisp. Yummy, Yummy. You got some great pictures at the fair. Thanks for sharing your evening with Tori and I.

Anonymous said...

After reading Michelle's comments, you should have had Michelle take a picture of you picking the berries. Sounds like you have the system down to a science.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hey Cheryl,
Jeff and I were right behind you at the concert! Couldn't ever get your attention though. Looked like the girls were having a blast! Where's the pics of the lady down front in the turquoise? lol
Sharon

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great evening. I always enjoyed the fair down there. Have fun with Lauren.

Anonymous said...

I am sure you had a wonderful time at the fair. THat would have been a great concert!!
lindsey-from Mexico

Mommy Lion said...

So miss the fair! We don't have anything like it here. . . yes there is a fair, but don't get me started on how lame it is. Plus the animals aren't even there!
Lots of fun memories, glad you guys are getting to have some fun time with Lauren!