Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Hair today gone tomorrow

Today was the big day for Alyssa. We made her haircut appointment a couple of weeks ago and had been talking about getting her hair cut short. With so much swimming this summer it has been such a pain to comb and fix but I wanted to make sure she liked the idea of getting it cut short. I looked up online how many inches of hair you need to donate it to Locks of Love. She had the 10 inches plus a few to donate... It only took a few minutes to cut of her pony tails and then her hairdresser cut it all even. It makes her look so much older and it was so nice to comb after her shower tonight. Since we dashed out of the haircut appointment to swimming lessons and then went straight from swimming lessons to VBS I will work on fixing it tomorrow morning and taking a picture. Aubrey loves to play with all the perm rods while Alyssa is getting her hair cut. She was singing and dancing away while shaking her hands to make noise....



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can hardly wait to see Alyssa's hair. I bet it is really cute and what a great thing to do with her cut off hair.
Sharon

Michelle said...

Way to go Alyssa. I love your new haircut.

Lisa said...

YEAH!! It really was a pain to comb. It looks great and I bet feels great too.

Anonymous said...

Alyssa, we love your new haircut. It makes you look so grown up, WOW. Nice that you got to see the boys last week.
Papa Pat and Grandma

My Greatest Accomplishments... said...

Go, Alyssa! It's been a while since I've checked out your blog and was shocked at the new doo... I think it looks great! Of course, we've now spent the entire year growing out Amanda's, so we won't be doing anything drastic anytime soon!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the short hair. You look so CUTE Alyssa!!!!
lindsey-from Mexcio