Thursday, July 10, 2008

Shots x 5





Today was one of those days that I was very anxious about...with good reason. Aubrey had her 4 year old doctor appt today and I still remember how awful Alyssa's was. Alyssa freaked out on me when they started to do the shots. Aubrey cried a bit yesterday and again this morning but by this afternoon she was pretty calm. I had asked Lonnie to go with me and he was able to leave work so he came with me..yay! We got to the Dr. Jaci's and she got weighed and measured and chatted with Dr. Jaci and all was still going good. Then the shot nurse came in and Lonnie and I each held her hands and talked to her while the nurse did all five shots. She cried a bit but as soon as the nurse left she stopped crying and was fine. Lonnie said he would give her a dollar for each shot she did good and even before we left the room she asked him for her money. Guess he should be used to that by now!! We went and ate dinner and then took her to Walmart where she picked out a new barbie with her money (plus a bit from Dad). After all of that we headed over to the softball field for Lonnie's game. Aubrey played with some little girls from church during the game and only told me a couple of times that her legs hurt. By the time we got home though this evening they look a little sore and she says they hurt. Aubrey being Aubrey is milking it for all its worth by having us carry her most of the evening!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Way to go Aubrey! Way to go mom! I'm not sure which is worse. Them having the shots or being the mom, knowing it's going to hurt, but still encouraging them to do a good job. Glad everything went pretty smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Great job Aubrey!

Mommy Lion said...

YAY Aubrey! Such a big girl! I know Kate will do better than Blake did. . . but will still milk it like Aubrey! WOW, it amazes me how different they can be, but how they fit into such patterns with the birth order! *smile*

Lisa said...

Way to go Aubrey! I'm very proud of mom and Aubrey. Shots are no fun but very necessary. We will be missing Alyssa next week and have loved having her.

Brandi said...

I wish there was a way that they could make them not have so many at once.
It is so much. Good job!