Friday night was Aubrey's performance at half time of the football game. She was pretty excited to get out their and perform. They accidentally ordered adult size shirts instead of kids so that is why her shirt looks so big! She did great until she was all done and sitting down while the big girls performed. At that point Lonnie and I noticed she seemed really upset, even a few tears. So after they got done and walked off the field we picked her up and asked her what was wrong. This is how it went.
Mommy: "Aubrey, what is wrong?"
Aubrey: "I was not the prettiest" (she is crying at this point and we can tell she is crushed)
Mommy: " What! You are beautiful!"
Aubrey: "But that girl next to me had sparkles here, and here, and here"
(she points to her eyes, hair, and clothes for the here, here, and here)
Mommy: "Oh! I see. We can do sparkles next time"
Aubrey: "Okay"
When she first said that Lonnie and I just didn't know what to think. I was glad it was just about sparkles and that it wasn't something someone had said.
We had a great weekend camping over at the beach. I took a ton of pictures so I will work on those for tomorrow.
4 comments:
You tell Aubrey that she was the prettiest girl I could see even without sparkles. Way to go Aubrey. Thanks for finally updating your blog.
Tell Aubrey that she did great and she is beautiful even without sparkles.
I am sure without the sparkles, she was the cutest one out there. She sure looks like it from the picture!!! ;~}
Sparkles? Who needs sparkles when you are have Aubrey's sweet and BIG personality! She sparkles alone, all by herself!!
Post a Comment