Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

We had another great weekend over at the beach. Lots of great company , good food, and almost perfect weather. Was so nice to get away before school starts tomorrow.Aubrey loved this little puppy. It only weighed 11oz. She held it most of the weekend.
Madison and Alyssa getting ready to head out for a buggy ride. They are only seven weeks apart in age and had the BEST time together this past weekend. They played together non-stop.
We took a buggy ride down to the beach later on yesterday. On our earlier ride is when it started to rain so this was a much better trip.
Karen (on the right) made these quilts with the girls this weekend. She was SO patient and kind with the girls, letting them pick out all the fabric and they turned out so beautiful. The girls spent a lot of time in her trailer with her. If I couldn't find the girls I knew where to look first. THANK YOU!
They took the buggy out one last time this morning before we headed home. Uncle Joe is driving and Lonnie got to be the passenger in his buggy for the first time. Joe is the mastermind behind Lonnie's buggy! The buggy has run great all summer. It has been a wonderful summer full of lots of great memories. I am looking forward to school starting but I am always amazed at just how fast the summer goes by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute puppy that Aubrey is holding! Looks like you might just have to get her one! Looks like you had a fun weekend! Back to work tomorrow :(

busymomof4 said...

What a fun way to wrap up the summer before school gets started.

Lisa said...

sounds like a great weekend. Great job Alyssa on te quilt. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

I love those quilts! What a find project to do while on a trip. Pretty soon we will be making quilt squares (out of paper, of course) in math. Alyssa will be a pro! I am so glad she is in my class =0)

Mommy Lion said...

What a great finale to summer! *smile*

Anonymous said...

Great weekend, Cheryl!! Nice visiting with you. Thanks for setting up the new blog.