Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Great First Day of School

Alyssa was up, dressed and ready to go this morning. The great thing about little girls is that they can't wait to wear their new school clothes so it is easy to get them going on the first day.
Four girls, a curling iron, a crimper, a straightner, bobby pins, rubberbands and clips is all you need to get ready for the first day of school. They all looked super cute for school!
Heading into school. It was a little crisp this morning which makes it feel like fall.
Alyssa and her teacher. She loved her first day of school! Her favorite parts were singing, calendar, and being able to sit on her table. She has been singing a song all evening long that she learned today and Mrs. H said they might even get to use the piano tomorrow.
Alyssa and her friend Destiny. They were so excited to be sitting at the same table!

After I dropped off all the girls to their classrooms and I was walking out of the school Aubrey was walking slowly behind me with her head down. I looked back at her and asked her what was wrong. She said she wanted to go to school too...one more year I told her.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so glad Alyssa had a great day. She looked great.

Anonymous said...

The girls looked sooooo cute. Sorry we couldn't be there to participate. We will call tomorrow.
PA and MA

Michelle said...

Too Cute. The girls all looks so cute and confident about their first day of school. Thank you so much for getting them ready. Your support and special touches makes them feel so good about themselves and makes the day such a memorable one. I really can't express how grateful I am.

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

The girls all look so cute and so grown up. It's hard to believe how fast they are growing up. It amazes me how you can fix their hair and still get yourself ready for work. You are amazing!!

Brandi said...

I miss those days. Neither of my girls got to go today, they are both "upper classmen" so they start tomorrow. They neither one can decide what to wear!!! Crazy! :~}

Christina said...

SO glad to hear that everyone was so excited! The girls looked beautiful - they are so lucky to have someone to do their hair for them.

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad Alyssa had a great day. With 27 kiddos, it makes it hard to really connect with all the kids on the first day...AND she looks so darn cute! Thanks for coming in to help today....I really appreciated having another "adult" to answer questions. I will have more next week! I hope Aubrey had fun with her rainbow school bus.....