Thursday, September 4, 2008

A variety of outfits

Alyssa picked out her outfit for Wednesday. Some mornings her and I negotiate for what she wants to wear vs. what I would like her to wear. When she went to bed on Tuesday night after her first day she was saying goodnight to me and she had this look on her face on pure excitement as she says to me "Mom, I wish I could just stay at school all the time!" Such a blessing though that she loves school, her teacher, and her friends!
She had another great day today too. Aubrey and I went and helped out in her classroom this afternoon. I think Aubrey enjoys it as much as I do. Aubrey jumps right in at recess by playing chase and giving hugs to all the girls from Alyssa's class last year. It is fun to get to know the kids in Alyssa's class and help out.
Now that Alyssa is in school it is just Aubrey and I in the mornings. She is really enjoying having her own space and has been doing some school at daycare this week.
And you can probably guess who picked out this outfit... I made the pink flower top/pants for Emma when she turned three. Aubrey found the outfit this afternoon and decided it would look GREAT over her clothes. She wanted to wear it out of the house tonight but I talked her out of it!

P.S. Thank you Jim and Sharon for all the wonderful corn/green beans from your garden. And also thank you to my FIL Gerald who caught a salmon today and gave it to us. What a treat!! I might even enjoy to cook one of these evenings...--smile-

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha-ha-ha...for Alyssa, I've never really gotten around to naming my teddy bear....crazy, I know. Cheryl, I forgot to tell you something funny today that Alyssa said yesterday. So she and Destiny were visiting away as they were doing an assignment, and Destiny accidentally called Alyssa "mom" and didn't realize it. Alyssa nicely interrupted Destiny and in the most adult voice I have every heard a child use, Alyssa said, "..Destiny, I am NOT your mother!" It was the funniest thing. I didn't want the girls to know I was "listening in" on their convo., but I wanted to laugh out loud....it was SOOO funny!

Anonymous said...

It is soooo GREAT that Alyssa likes school so well. Great teachers make all the difference.
Do you want any more corn? :)
Sharon

Christina said...

Looks like Aubrey got her fashion sense from Lonnie! ;)

Lisa said...

Love Aubrey's outfit and am so glad that Alyssa is enjoying school.

Mommy Lion said...

Alyssa has always had great fashion taste! *wink* She is looking so grown up though. That's the hard part! It won't be long before Miss Aubrey is joining in on this school fun! THAT really blows my mind!