Sunday, November 30, 2008

Food, Family, and Fun

We spent Thanksgiving at Lonnie's parents house. There were eleven of us for dinner. The food was so good and as always we all ate way to much. I always bring the deviled eggs to dinner...everyone has their "thing" and mine is deviled eggs. Alyssa and Aubrey had lots of fun playing with their cousin Alexis and the three of them even convinced Grandpa to give them a horsey ride! After dessert the girls and I headed up to my sister's house to go over the ads and then out to my parents house to put everyone to bed. We got up at 3 am on Friday morning for our annual shopping trip. Aubrey didn't sleep well the night before so I was running on about 4 hours of sleep. Nothing a couple cups of coffee can't cure the zombie feeling. Check out my sister Lisa's blog for more great pictures. We got back home around 2:00p and then took naps! We just hung out at my parents house on Saturday morning. I was hoping to sleep in but Aubrey was up again at 6:10a. She has a cold and can be so dramatic! The exciting part of Saturday was that we all got to meet my sister Lindsey's new boyfriend. I love the picture above of us all eating lunch together because Aubrey was shy for a few minutes but then she made sure she was sitting next to David at lunch. We had rehearsed a few questions for her to ask him so she wouldn't say anything too embarrassing and she did great . We all really liked David and are so happy for Lindsey.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pictures and such a wonderful few days. I'm now on to decorating for Christmas.

Michelle said...

Looks like a great weekend. I will be out shopping with you next time. I really like the picture of Lindsey and her boyfriend. She looks great. Now on to Christmas.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that we are a pretty cute couple. The girls make us laugh a lot. It was fun day. I am glad that you all like him!!!
Lindsey and David

Christina said...

Glad you had such a great weekend! I was thinking back to how we caught up with you last year. The boys were so disappointed you were gone when we stopped by - they tried to visit Jerzee (sp?) but we asked them not to.
:)

Sharon (Michelle's Mom) said...

I can't believe you actually got up at 3:00 AM just to go shopping! Looks like you had a great time!
Lisa's new boyfriend is cute. Hopefully we will meet him one of these times. They do make a cute couple. :)

Anonymous said...

You're braver than I am to go out shopping that early!! Glad you had a good time. Your sister looks very happy!

Mommy Lion said...

I was hoping you would blog about "the boyfriend!" Sounds like everyhting went well! Next year I find some shopping buddies! *wink*